The Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS) HACCP For Food Retailers (Retail-Safe – A Food Safety Assurance System)
On successful completion of the course, participants should be able to understand implement and explain:
- the principles of HACCP
- how HACCP can be effective in food business operations to control potential food hazards
- how a HACCP system can be designed, implemented and operated to comply with legislation
- how to implement monitor and verify systems to suit your business
- how vital training is essential in ensuring your HACCP system is effective
- the requirements of the Food Hygiene legislation
The course will cover:
- HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points)
- the seven principles of HACCP
- principles of HACCP and their use to control food hazards
- pre-requisites of the application of HACCP
- practical application of HACCP and the team approach
- food hygiene training requirements for food businesses
- HACCP and food hygiene legislation
There is an examination at the end of the course which is a 30 question multiple-choice paper with a 60% or more pass mark.
The course consists of tutor led sessions with focused discussion of theoretical perspectives as applied to the work place. Video materials and group activities are used as appropriate.
Candidates must be in possession of a current Elementary Food Hygiene certificate recognized by an awarding body.