First aid at work (HSE approved course) 3 days
This course covers all the practical skills needed to deal with first aid emergencies in the workplace.
This course will give you the confidence skills and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.
This course is for employees who require a first aid at work (FAW) certificate to comply with HSE regulations and requirements. This is a HSE approved and certified course valid for three years.
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Action at an emergency
- Record keeping (accident book)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Heart attacks
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Dealing and treating shock
- Bleeding and types of wounds
- Burns and scalds
- Head injuries
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
- Eye injuries
Course duration 3 days
Assessment and certification
All candidates undergo a final written/practical assessment; successful candidates receive an HSE/FAIB approved certificate valid for three years.