This course is approved by the Health & Safety Executive particularly for persons in low-risk and smaller workplaces.
Who Should Attend?
Where an employer’s risk assessment of first aid needs identifies that a first aider is not necessary (ideal for a small workforce), but where the minimum requirement is to appoint a person to take charge of the first aid arrangements.
- Aims and objectives of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Choking and asphyxia
- Assessment and treatment of burns
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Record keeping
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a certificate of attendance. This is valid for 3 years.